Perthshire Amber – the Dougie MacLean Festival is delighted to announce that Emily Smith will join the line-up for the Friends Concert at Perth Concert Hall on Saturday 3 November. Described by Maverick Magazine as “One of the leading artists of the contemporary folk scene”, Emily was a massive hit with audiences at the annual music festival last year and festival organisers are pleased to announce her return for 2012. She’ll join the ten day festival, which takes place from 26 October until 4 November, and brings vibrant music to beautiful, autumnal Perthshire.
Emily Smith said: “I’m delighted to be returning to Perthshire Amber again this year, last year’s show was one of the highlights of 2011, in my opinion it’s one of the best festivals in Scotland”.
The festival will also feature the stunningly talented Julie Fowlis, the vibrant sounds of the Blazin’ Fiddles, the multi-talented ‘BBC Folk Musician of the Year 2012’ Tim Edey, the Ross Ainslie Trio and rising star Edwina Hayes all joining ‘Scotland’s Musical Hero’ Dougie MacLean on stage in different venues across Perthshire.
Festival tickets are going fast, but there is still availability for some of the festival highlights including:
Sunday 28 October The ‘Legends Concert’ featuring The Dougie MacLean Trio band and Buddy MacDonald at Pitlochry Town Hall
The ever popular Trio featuring Dougie MacLean with Greg Lawson on violin and Pete Garnett on accordion are joined by singer/ song writer Buddy MacDonald from Cape Breton, Canada
Friday 2 November Dougie MacLean with Strings and Choirs at Perth Concert Hall
A stunning concert one of the big highlights of 2011, featuring InChorus, Lothian & Borders Police Choir and Tayside Police Choir and the Perthshire Ensemble – promises to be an exciting night with some wonderful and interesting musical arrangements.
Saturday 3 November Dougie MacLean and Friends at Perth Concert Hall.
Always a fantastic night filled with fun, laughter and great music – this year the friends include Sheena Wellington, Tim Edey, Duncan Chisholm, Emily Smith, The Hazey Janes and many more.
To view the full programme for the Perthshire Amber Festival 2012, which involves 400 artists and 16 different venues, and to book tickets go to www.perthshireamber.com
For more press information / photos / interview requests, please contact Jude Henderson
on 07739 791 792 firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
• Dougie MacLean OBE is one of Scotland’s finest songwriter-composers, internationally renowned for his song ‘Caledonia’, music for ‘Last of the Mohicans’ and inspired performances worldwide – from New York’s Carnegie Hall to London’s Festival Theatre and The Sydney Opera House.
• MacLean’s songs have been covered by Paolo Nutini, Amy MacDonald, Ronan Keating, Mary Black, Frankie Miller, Cara Dillon, Kathy Mattea and many other top performers. He’s recently received two prestigious Tartan Clef Awards, a place in the Scottish Music Hall of Fame and an OBE in the 2011 New Year Honours list. ‘Caledonia’ was recently voted one of Scotland’s best loved songs on the ITV Show ‘Scotland’s Greatest Album’.
• Perthshire Amber – The Dougie MacLean Festival, now in its eighth year was described as “Scotland’s most fascinating festival’ (Martin Buzacott, Australian Broadcasting Corporation). The festival shares MacLean’s inspiring music, celebrates the history and culture of his Perthshire home and showcases its beautiful scenery.
• The festival began in 2005 as a weekend of music and has grown to become a successful ten day event and is an important part of Scotland’s musical calendar. In 2011 it contributed over £700,000 to the local economy and drew almost 7,000 visitors from 22 different countries to Perthshire in the heart of Scotland.
The festival takes place in venues across autumnal Perthshire from the ancient Iron Age Crannog to the modern Perth Concert Hall and from beautiful Blair Castle to magnificent Dunkeld Cathedral
• The Perthshire Amber Festival has gratefully received support over the years from Perth & Kinross Council, ERDF, EventScotland, VisitScotland, Creative Scotland and sponsors Edradour Distillery, The Scottish Deli and Bell & Co as well as smaller local supporters.
• For more information on Perthshire Amber – The Dougie MacLean Festival, go to www.perthshireamber.com
• For press information, please contact Jude Henderson PR, email@example.com 07739 791 792