Do you want to take part in Scotland Sings 2012? It would be great if you did! We want the world to recognise Scotland as a nation who sings and doesn’t just play the bagpipes. We’re looking for singers of all persuasions – Scots, Gaelic, choirs, rock, gospel, folk etc to take part. Below is our guide to how you can join in.
- Do you sing in a choir, a band or on your own? If so you’re eligible for Scotland Sings!
- Once you know who you’re performing with go and find a place to perform. It could be in the street, a shopping centre, a church, a bar or anywhere else you think off. Remember and ask permission from the venue owner.
- When you have this information tell us where you are performing by filling in our Scotland Sings performance information form (click link) so we can put you in our events guide. Make sure an give us all your contact information as we might need to get in touch with you.
- Next set up a group on ScottishCultureOnline.com. Do this by clicking on this link http://www.scottishcultureonline.com/groups/. Write a bit about yourself, upload a photo, input your contact details, website etc. On this page you can upload comments and photos about your perfomance(s). You can also share it with all your favourite social networks. If you encourage your friends to join they can get an email whenever you post a photo or update. We’ll link to this page from our events guide.
- To promote your event why not download our press pack? (zip file) In this pack you get our branded posters that you can use to promote your event and tell everybody that you’re part of Scotland Sings. Also in the pack you get a guide to writing a press release and who to send it to. There’s also a sample template to help you out.
Welcome aboard! Any questions we haven’t answered please contact us.